- The tournament is limited to 56 teams over two age groups
- One location. All games are played on the 4 superb pitches at Drom Soccer Park
- All teams are guaranteed a minimum of four games
- FAI affiliated referees
- Full sized pitches
- All games are 25 minutes-a-side
- Medical and physio assistance available during all games
- All day shuttle buses
- Food and beverage village onsite
Galway is the capital of the West of Ireland, a thriving, modern University city situated on the banks of the River Corrib. A friendly, safe and uniquely cosmopolitan city with something foreveryone, it attracts thousands of visitors each year. The popular seaside resort of Salthill lies just 2km west of the city.
During your visit to Galway you can experience its unique atmosphere and delight in its festivals, music, theatre, restaurants, cafés, shops and most of all, its friendly people. It is also an important centre for promoting Arts, Crafts and Culture.
"The Galway Cup has become the best underage tournament in the country."
- John Fallon writing in the Daily Star
TOURNAMENT ACCOMMODATION PACKAGES
We offer different tournament accommodation
packages to suit your needs. They are:
- Full Board (3 meals per day)
- Half Board (2 meals per day)
- Bed & Breakfast
- Self Catering
- These options refer to accommodation in Corrib Village or Gort na Coiribe which are part of the Galway University Campus.
- The accommodation is apartment style with most apartments sleeping five people in four bedrooms.
Each package includes:
- Shuttle bus service between the accommodation and Drom Soccer Park. This means that teams don’t need to have their own buses during the week.
- On-site Galway Cup accommodation staff: Have a query about fixtures, bus times, meal times, or just want to know what to do with your morning off? Ask our staff.
- Meet and greet from Galway Cup accommodation staff: We meet you when you arrive, check you in to your accommodation, and show you around to make your Galway Cup experience as easy and enjoyable as possible.